Although the Firm began in 1953 as a local government audit and consulting firm, RFC has worked with nonprofit clients of all sizes for decades. Our work with nonprofit entities spans numerous industries such as healthcare, welfare, education, preservation, public foundations, private foundations, and many more.
Our work with local governments provides extensive experience auditing and reporting federal funds in accordance with Uniform Guidance which easily translates to a nonprofit setting.
Annually, our tax department prepares numerous 990 tax returns for nonprofit entities that range in size from a few transactions to very complex returns.
Services provided to nonprofit entities include:
· Audits, reviews, and compilations of financial statements
· Homeowners' association audits, reviews, and compilations
· Financial accounting policy review and implementation
· Forensic auditing services, including fraud investigation
· Internal control reviews
· Tax exempt status applications
· Form 990 preparation
· Compliance and representation in tax examinations
· SF-SAC form preparation and submission
· Agreed upon procedures engagements